Sunday, April 20, 2008

CLES--son #1

Cles was born on Oct. 10. I entered Logan Hospital as Bob Barker and the Price of Right came on the television. He was born 4 hrs. later at noon. We were thrilled to have our first child and first son. It was a given that his name would be Jon Clesmer Ward IV. What a great kid!

Jon's dad gave me a blue piece of material to sleep on so that I would have a boy. Phew! Was I relieved.
The smile is very typical of Cles's personality.

Gotta Love those ugly hands the photographer snapped!







This is the one day he was shy.

I actually made this shirt. In those days, I sewed most of his clothes. It's all we could afford at the time. This is of cowboy flavor. (I'm glad Jon moved us from Snowville and this genre.)








Cles at Disneyland. I don't know why the silly face, but that is Cles. He was a great kid to raise, always fun, always keeping things lively, always making me smile.












A good message: Always put the "DATE" on your pictures. I have no idea when this picture was taken. I do know it was at Malad Elementary when the Bell Photographers came through!











On one of our many trips to California. Love the ocean!!!!










In front of Grandma Thomas's house. How we love running through those sprinklers!






What is more fun, the smile or the shirt or the haircut?




Jon Clesmer Ward II and Jon Clesmer Ward IV



At the Ranch!!



My all-time favorite image of Cles. He REALLY didn't want his picture taken. This was in the fall of 1972. I was teaching first grade a few doors down from the photo set-up. Cles wanted me and not the camera. Of course, the hot sweater did not help things.




Oh for the good ol' days!





1 comment:

Lydia said...

I have never seen those pictures of Cles and Grandpa! See, that's why we need these blogs! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun.

I'm taking Tommy to the doctor now. I'll let you know what they say!

love ya,
lyd