Friday, July 18, 2008

Ansel Adams, I am not

I love to take pictures.
Even more I like to look at the pictures I have taken.
Most of all, I love the memories the pictures bring back to me.
Thought I would share:
Sunset in Istanbul, Turkey. Taken from my hotel room on our once-in-a-lifetime cruise to Greece.

Jon and I stayed in Ramona, CA. On one of the trips to San Diego I made him stop so I could take this picture. I wanted to use it as a story starter for my students. Never used it, but I love the memory of a great trip.

Jon finally took me (instead of his German exchange students) to Yellowstone one fall to hear the elk bugle at Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone. I took this picture north of Jackson on our way back to Idaho Falls.

I will never forget the feeling of seeing the Nauvoo Temple on our trip back to the open house. Our ancestors helped build the original.

It is probably the subject matter more than the picture that I love in this classic. I think the smiles are as priceless at the boys wearing them!

No comments: