Thursday, August 14, 2008

FLASHBACK FRIDAY-- Before kids!!!

Jon and I lived on the ranch outside of Snowville, Utah when we first got married. I loved it!

This picture was taken a year after we were married. The hat is Jon's. If he was on the old crawler tractor he needed it to keep the sun off his neck.

I would take a cooked meal to him in the fields. His dad would drive me up and jump on the tractor or combine while Jon ate. Then it was back to work. Jon stayed on the tractor while his dad did other things around the ranch or in another field on a different tractor. It was amazing how much two men could accomplish in one day.

On this particular day we stopped for his dad to take our picture. While going back to the truck a rattlesnake slithered by. Jon's dad finally shovel-killed it under the tire of the truck--right by MY DOOR. That is not a good memory. I never had to kill a rattlesnake, but I saw my fair share of them.

3 comments:

M-n-M said...

Hi Mrs. Ward !

I am so hoping you remember me but I am sure that you have taught so many kids that remembering everyone is impossible.

I was looking at some of my friends blogs when I came upon yours. I was so excited. You taught my third grade class and to this day I can say you are still my favorite teacher. It is so strange to see how someone can influence another person in such significant ways.

My name prior to marriage was Misty Wakley. Sandy and Kelly were my grandparents and Gerald and Kay Dean were my grandparents. My husband and I moved back to Malad and so far have been loving it.

Take care - it was nice to see your fun blog posts:)

Lydia said...

Hey, I remember Misty Wakely. That's cool she wrote that comment!

Loved the post, Mom!

Jon Ward said...

You were and still are the babe I fell in love with in '71 and married in '74.