Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eastern Idaho State Fair-ala Jack

On Saturday Jon and I made our annual trip to the Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot. There is not much I enjoy about the event, but I have been every year since I was 8 (the first year I entered things while in 4-H). I'm glad it only happens once a year because it only takes about an hour to realize why I didn't want to be there.



This year as in the past, we took our 5 year old grandson Jack. I wanted to look in the boths and at the animals. But no. All he could think about were the rides. Cheap grandma bought enough tickets for 2 rides. We walked around the carnival and looked at every ride I would allow him to be on. He opted for the safe and kid-proof helicopter and magic carpet rides. Phew! Glad that is over with.



Well, call us crazy but we traveled to the Blackfoot Shindig again tonight! This time with Kristin. Now with mom, Jack didn't take the child-proof, grandma sanity rides. Instead he rode the speeding roller coaster, the ten story slides and the way too high swings--ALL BY HIMSELF. Over-protective grandma had to sit far away so not to have a heart attack.





Jack had a blast.

No comments: