Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep...

Life in Minnesota has been fascinating this last week. Lydia and Jeff are in LA at a family funeral; Gramma and PopPop are babysitting. Just when I am at the end of my rope, one of the three kids says something that makes my heart melt and my lips smile. I truly love these sweethearts.

Anna after her bath: "Does my bum smell good now, Gramma."

Tommy: "My dad knows everything." (enjoy it while it lasts, jeff)

Jack: "Gramma, you don't know everything."

My favorite moments are each evening--there is absolutely nothing as sweet and precious as young spirits praying in the quiet of the night. Tommy prays for his parents to come home safely; Anna thanks Heavenly Father for Jesus.

Somewhere between "Help me choose the right" and "Help me have Happy Dreams" Jack interjects "BLESS GRANDMA TO NOT BE GRUMPY."

I hope their faith will help the Lord answer their prayers.

No comments: