Friday, September 5, 2008

Flashback Friday--Cles Bug



This is Cles at 2 years old--the tractor hat on his bed post and the John Deer Combine on the other bed waiting for him to wake up and play. His sleeping position earned him the nickname, "Cles-bug" because it reminded us of the position a stink bug takes before it sprays.
Cles played a lot with that combine. One day I bought fresh eggs from our next-door neighbor. Cles used his combine and digger to drill and cut 2 dozen fresh eggs into my green shag 80's carpet. What a mess. What a smell.



Grandpa also gave Cles a pocket full of wheat one day at the ranch. Unknown to me, he planted the wheat in every available spot in my yard, giving each spot a name as at the ranch--19 Holler, Jules, the Big Pasture, etc. Lovely wheat grew and ripened ready for cutting in the fall. I'm sure the neighbors thought something was wrong with my horticultural talents.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Such a cute picture of Cles.

By the way, I like your new background. Cute.